[pianotech] Pitch LOWERING - Pitch Raising

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 31 10:39:52 MDT 2012

All of this Pitch Raising conversation was, originally started with a short
blurb on "blind pitch LOWERING". It, however, morphed into this same ole
same ole stuff with pitch Raising....sigh!
 PITCH LOWERING, imo, is a whole different animal and should be approached
differently than pitch Raising. After 40 years, I still do not have a
handle on what a piano is doing while I perform a Pitch Lowering! Pitch
Raising? I think I can have a mental picture of what is occuring and be
fairly accurate in my assessments. The PITCH LOWERING seems to befuddle me,
as to explanations of  cause/afffect and, of course, final outcome. There
must be others, out there, that are of the same mind, (well,....thinking<G>)
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police