[pianotech] Dampp-Chaser systems - was Tacoma...

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 7 20:19:27 MDT 2012

Ryan said: "There is never a
period when both are off. At least there shouldn't be if the system is
working properly."

Ryan,
That's not correct. IF the humidity in the room/piano is around 42% and the
temperature is 68-70 degrees, the entire system will be "off", imo. To
varify that, I'd check with Dampp-Chaser, tho. I check systems before
tuning and many times have found that both "sides" were off, so I'm hoping
I'm right on this account. If I'm wrong, then I need to check those systems
for something amiss. <G>
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police