[pianotech] Dampp-Chaser systems - was Tacoma...

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Fri Sep 7 23:54:23 MDT 2012

I'll vouch for this!

Just today, I had a client with a 2002 Bergmann (YC) grand. Her previous tuner, installed ONLY the heater bar and the controller. And it was not the H5, as it had no plugins for the lights, smartbar, etc. Maybe it was an older one?

We're talking southern California, which is nearly a desert and the climate typically sucks the moisture from the pianos most of the year. When I get there, the heater bar is on, and it's not humid outside or in the house.  I was concerned and I asked her when it was last tuned.  She said 6 months ago but the guy that had installed this partial DC system had disappeared, which is why she called me. I found the piano was nearly 70 cents flat!

Needless to say, I unplugged the bar and scheduled a tuning 3 weeks from now. I also left a brochure on the complete DC system. She will probably upgrade in the next 6 months, she says. The value truly is in the entire system... My 2 cents...

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC
www.mccallpiano.com