[pianotech] Idea for journal page, (Ed?)

Richard W. Bushey rbushey4 at embarqmail.com
Sun Sep 9 13:05:41 MDT 2012

One additional thought...I like the shoe string analogy because it is a direct analogy in my thinking, meaning, we're talking strings and tension in both.  The problem with some analogies is that the don't translate well.  They do have their purpose, but sometimes confuse the issue further if the customer has to spend too much brain power trying to figure it out.

Another direct analogy I've heard used by a good friend of mine is realating the need for continued maintenane on a piano being like needing continued maintenance on a car.  You don't just purchase a car and go years without changing the oil, putting gas in it, replacing broken parts, adjusting this or that. Some people try to get away with it, but they wind up with a piece of junk vehicle in just a few years.  Same is true of the piano.

If you use analogies....just be careful not to over use them and be careful that they have an easy, direct translation to what you're trying to compare it to.

Richard W. Bushey
Richard's Piano Service
www.RichardsPianoService.com
Rbushey at RichardsPianoService.com