[pianotech] Re. Baldwin hammers

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Sep 11 20:51:12 MDT 2012

On 9/11/2012 8:17 PM, Delwin D Fandrich wrote:
> It is especially difficult when you get rid of nearly all of the
> quality control personnel, stop checking to see if things like the
> adhesive you received from a vendor is actually what you ordered and
> that it is being used before its expiration date, stop checking to
> make sure the adhesive is being mixed accurately before use and pay
> little attention to whether it is being used correctly and minor
> details like maximum open time are being adhered to.

Yea, I know, and the tip of the iceberg. Glue was insignificant compared
to the extensive list of manifest administrative insanities. I've said
before that Baldwin management earned the company's demise as
relentlessly and thoroughly as any I'm aware of. Could easily pass as a
contract killing. The remarkable thing is that it lasted as long as it
did under the barrage of cumulative stupidity. Could have been world
class and immortal with someone even moderately capable who cared.

Ron N