[pianotech] Cartoons

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Wed Sep 26 05:51:22 MDT 2012

I've found a complete version of "Bugs Bunny in Rhapsody Rabbit" on
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm-Ige8x3X4&feature=related

It's a foreign-language version but that doesn't matter as there is so
little dialogue anyway.  (For those who want to know, when the telephone
rings, Bugs says "Franz Liszt? Never heard of him").

This is art on every level, folks, and an interpretation of Hungarian
Rhapsody number 2 which I feel certain Liszt would have delighted in.
My favourite parts are the piano keys moving like a typewriter carriage
(something todays young people may be unaware of!) and the keys being
gathered up and scattered down.

You will note that the piano appears to have downward striking hammers -
perhaps one of the Mathushek models Alfred Dolge talks about burning!

You won't be able to listen to Hungarian Rhapsody No 2 after this,
without hearing in it a telephone ringing and Figaro.  This whole thing
is a wonderful piece of the animator's art.  Look at the bend and
stretch of the mouse's little piano at the end.

Best regards,

David.