[pianotech] Cartoons

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Wed Sep 26 06:05:24 MDT 2012

While we are on the subject of Cartoons, where I seem to have dragged
us, I hope you are aware of the delightfully musical "One Froggy
Evening", reckoned to be the best cartoon short ever made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRnX4quv5W4

I used to use it when I taught narrative structure, to illustrate a
perfect narrative resolution.

The youtube upload has a second missing in the middle, when the frog
sings "that loving raaaaaag", but is otherwise ok.  The whole narrative
unfolds without any dialogue; just a couple of written signs.

In the park scene, look at the snow and trees and see the hommage to
Breugel's "After the hunt".

If you have lived without this until now, folks, I simply don't know how.

Best regards,

David.