[pianotech] Humbly questioning choice of words, was Re: Totally glueless

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at frontier.com
Fri Feb 1 12:03:46 MST 2013

Ron,

Please consider using "faith" where you have been using "belief".
According to Webster, belief is "conviction of the truth of some
statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon _esp. when based on
examination of evidence_" (emphasis mine), whereas "faith implies
certitude and full trust and confidence in the source whether there be
objective evidence or not".

Perhaps there is a better word than "belief" for a conviction based on
examination of evidence - what term do you prefer?

thanks

Mike