[pianotech] whitney spinet grrrr

Joe Goss imatunr at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 14:02:41 MST 2013

Hi Marshall,
GJ will only help if  there is only a slight hesitation of the sticker.
The problem that you might be having may be down lower on the stick where it attaches to the action.
Many times it is the felt that holds the center pin in its place is rubbing against the wood.
Also another place to examine is where the rod at the top of the sticker goes through the felt. Here you may find that the felt is not in its correct place but binding on the metal rod.
The individual sticker can be taken out of the action and that felt moved back into place without removing the action by holding the wippen arm and pulling down on the sticker with a twisting motion. This would allow you to examine and fix both top and bottom if needed.

Joe Goss BSMusEd MMusEd RPT
imatunr at gmail.com
www.mothergoosetools.com