[pianotech] First Pinblock

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Feb 4 10:06:50 MST 2013

I agree with this.  Drilling and securing some number of pinblock screws
during the flange mating process (before the mating material hardens) will
insure that you get the black back without any drift.

I don't prefer to do the mating at final installation, as suggested in
another post, as I always find some cleanup to do and sometimes some squeeze
out  into the tuning pin area underneath the plate.  I prefer to clean that
up before I actually drill the holes for the tuning pins rather than risk
some squeeze out into a freshly drilled hole.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com