[pianotech] Totally Glueless II

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Feb 6 16:55:40 MST 2013

On 2/6/2013 5:21 PM, Terry Farrell wrote:

> And this puppy wasn't even screwed to the apron.

Something had to be holding it together when it was strung. I've seen
separated bridges that looked for all the world like they didn't have
any glue in there, but on really close inspection, I could see a sort of
sparkly crystalline residue. It looked to me like the glue was mixed too
thin and pretty much squeezed out of the joint. Wetting the surface made
it sticky, so there was something there even though it wasn't obvious to
the point of being difficult to detect. If your old shop dog is still
around, have her taste test it.
Ron N