[pianotech] muffler rail

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 05:31:32 MST 2013

Hi Everyone ,That's the t hing with the rail.  The spring will not allow it to stay right side up, flips around.  I do not recall seiing or feeling a guid pin or block Joe which I normally find on pianos with the muffler rail and usually have no problem.  At times I just unhook one side and let it sit to one side to save time.  I've hooked up many of them.  The spring it hooked to the little bracket in the side of the piano and there's a hole on the bracket with the u shaped hook for the rod to connect to which the spring is connected to.  I'm just uncertai as to why it wants to flip into the wrong direction when I'm doing everything as I should.  When I go back in 6 months to tune it, I'll have to check ths out again. I still thing the spring is bad.  Marshall

Marshall Gisondi
MARSHALL'S PIANO SERVICE
215-510-9400
http://www.phillytuner.com