[pianotech] Totally Glueless II

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 20:58:28 MST 2013

In the neighborhood I inadvertently moved to in 2004 (I no longer live there ) I counted 3,000 gunshots between 11P.M. and 1A.M on one New Year's Eve. (Just the gunshots. Not the firecrackers.) I called 911 and asked for some police presence, please, due to "a lot of gunfire",* and the dispatcher asked "Can you tell which house it's coming from?" So I just hung the phone out the window.
     "Oh my God!" was her response.

Thumpe

*Around here, the joke is that if you want to find a cop on New Year's Eve, you have to go to Dunkin' Donuts.
They (quite reasonably) do not want to get shot by some unidentifiable yahoo running around in the dark, hyped up on (xylene) carburetor cleaner, yelling "Iyiyi!!" while emptying Glock clips into the air! (As one such did while traversing my backyard, mere feet from my bedroom window.)