[pianotech] Tax question

Norman Cantrell normancantrell at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 12 06:44:41 MST 2013

Duaine
You have received some very sound advice so far.  Keep in mind that if you receive payment for the services rendered and then donate the funds to the church you will still be liable for the self employment tax (basically 15%) on the income.  In that scenario you end up in the hole 15% for every dollar in the exchange plus the time on both your and the church's part to do the bookkeeping.  Best advice is to donate your time and let God bless you for the effort.  I believe there is something about a cheerful giver in there somewhere.
Norman Cantrell