[pianotech] Re-Installing Original Bass Strings

Tony Caught tonycaught at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 04:53:08 MST 2013

Repeat the twist that was there at the time of removal. Or. Put all bass
strings on with no twist. Check the tone and twist as desired. Generally I
have found that a half twkst per string is enough.
Tony
On Feb 14, 2013 9:47 PM, "Terry Farrell" <mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> I will be re-installing a set of bass strings on a 20/30 year old Baldwin
console today. Strings were removed from bridge to allow re-attaching
bridge. I am certainly aware that the various string makers have
recommended installation procedures regarding no-twist, half-twist, etc.
being applied to a newly-installed string.

> But how about older original strings. Is anyone aware of any special
protocol for twisting older strings upon re-installation?