[pianotech] basic questions

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Feb 19 08:54:55 MST 2013

On 2/19/2013 8:40 AM, Leslie Bartlett wrote:
> So, how DOES one get to the “anything” in a spinet with the action in
> the piano???????????   I really haven’t a clue.

It's like Leprechauns. Everybody's heard of them, but nobody can
actually trot one out. As I've said, I know spinets have jacks. I can't
see them, but I can hear them laughing at me down there.

I've seen a number of piano factory tour videos, and the emphasis is
always on grands. What I'd like to see (one time) is the spinet
regulation section with the tiny rubber workers doing their thing. Hey,
are those Leprechauns?
Ron N