[pianotech] Prepared frickin'piano and damaged bass strings (going OT)

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Wed Feb 20 17:12:04 MST 2013

Greetings,
    Actually, mechanics like it when customers blow their engines trying
to race their cars, and painters enjoy it when the kids adorn the
dining room walls with their crayons, (both of which qualify as
'off-label' uses).
     It isn't my place to define what 'music' is, it is my job to repair
pianos.   If an institution thinks it important to use their pianos for
these sort of things, who am I to complain or try to block them?
Let'em at it and I will send the bill for the repairs!  If the money is
sufficient to the repair, it may be a self-correcting situation.
Otherwise, it is another continuing source of revenue.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/well_tempered_piano.html