[pianotech] Say goodbyebye Folks

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Sun Feb 24 15:42:14 MST 2013

To Keith:

I have read enough of your posts over time to be of the opinion that you are
not always artful with the language.

You must have up most of the night celebrating the good news (for you) that
the old list is being flushed down the hopper, since your post is timed at
after 3 in the morning.  Maybe it's just me, but do I detect some barely
hidden gloating in this post that you probably couldn't resist the urge to
send?  Are you being a little too much like Charlie Sheen with his
"Winning!!!!" - expansive and pathetic at the same time?

"Please don't feel that I am unsympathetic to a lost friend as the Pianotech
Listserv, but times, they do move on, like it or not. Someone, or something,
has got to go first in order that others, or other things, should live on
next."  Wow, that's deep.  And your insincerity is drooling.  And now my
overactive imagination has me thinking of the Titanic movie, where Rose
(Kate Winslet) unclasps Jack Dawson's (Leonardo DeCaprio) cold dead hands
from the door she is laying afloat on, and he drifts down into the dark
abyss, so that she may go on and live.

Perhaps it is a bit more like the noble ending of Dickens, "A Tale of Two
Cities", where the character Sydney Carton goes to the guillotine in the
place of another.  You know the drill.... "It is a far better thing that I
do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I
have ever known."

But then, he volunteered didn't he?

Sincerely yours,

A resistant person