[pianotech] pitch changes

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 06:16:15 MST 2013

Hi William you wroteYes, Marshall, the pitch of a piano does
  go sharp when the temperature rises, or goes flat when the temperature drops.
  You understand, of course, only if the temperature in the room in which the
  piano is goes up or down. The pitch also goes up or down depending on the
  humidity level in the room.  Yes this is basic. I was commenting on this because someone posted if I read correctly that the pitch goes down when the temp goes up.  Unless I was reading incorrectly.  So no I'm not asking this as a question of course, I'm just commenting on what I believe I read in a post on here.  Marshall

 Isn't this something sort of basic that your learned in school? So why do
  you ask?

Marshall Gisondi
MARSHALL'S PIANO SERVICE
215-510-9400