[pianotech] Say Goodbyebye Folks!

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Mon Feb 25 08:48:30 MST 2013

Thumpe,

New forum? Which one? JD's googlegroup? PTG's Google+ "community"? Or PTG's
Facebook (yagottabekiddingme!) page? Or the two-year-old HL forum... the
one that was immediately admitted to NeoNatal care upon delivery, and which
has continued to fail to mature to the point it darned well ought to have
been at inception, much less two years hence?

Presumably you are asking about the last one, HL. Yes, there is a setting
(whose name has been changed so I can't tell you without grubbing around
there) that permits you to receive emails from the forum, and send email
posts to the forum. You cannot, however, send or receive attachments via
email. Some hibbity-jibbity-attached photos from the forum might show up in
your email, apparently determined by your latitude/longitude/attitude, moon
phase, OS, and browser.

Overall, it's hardly what most of us (with a few exceptions) consider
great, but as long as we're just dealing with text, email works pretty well
with it. Sadly, there's always been a shortage of photos and other
message-enhancing attachments (e.g. sound files), and HL just makes that
into one humongous PITA.

Bruesch
Minnesota