[pianotech] More Crap to go through!

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 25 10:18:58 MST 2013

The latest from The Dark Side ala Jim Moy:
21.From: Jim Moy
Subject: RE:Pianotech Mail-List Server closing April 1st
Message: Hopefully responding to multiple questions at once:

The Google Group is not the same thing as the Google+ Community. The former
is an email list like pianotech at ptg.org, and so should pose very little
learning curve. The latter is like a Facebook group, with the same style of
interaction, and it takes some more partcipation and study to understand it.
Joining one doesn't automatically mean you are a member of both.

Paul Bruesch: you appear to be subscribed to the Google Group already, under
the email address tunergeek at gmail.com. You have not received anything
because nobody has. It's been pretty dead since summer of 2011, because the
discussion about my.ptg.org overshadowed its introduction.

Paul McCloud: are you confusing Google+ with the Google Group? (Wouldn't
blame you if you did.) Yes, it would be nice if there were one place for all
PTG'ers to assemble. I think that was the intent of my.ptg.org, though it
didn't turn out that way. It is, however, the only PTG-sponsored online
forum.

Wim: the Google Group is an email list, just like the old pianotech at ptg.org.
You are already a member with the email address tnrwim at gmail.com. If you do
not use that address, you can unsubscribe it and subscribe using your new
AOL address.

The owner of the Google Group is John Delacour. He created it back in Spring
of 2011 to demonstrate the Mailman list could be easily replaced. He made me
a co-admin to cover for when he was not able to. Ron Berry created the
Google+ Community recently, and it is the new-fangled thing from Google,
their answer to Facebook.

So, More generally, you can find out more about the Google Group, as well as
subscribe to it by going to this page:

https://groups.google.com/group/pianotech

You can find out more about the Google+ Pianotech Community here:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105661078186330061386"

It just gets better and better....NOT! Sheesh! At this point I think I'll
wait for all the shoes to drop. Hopefully on some of our Executive Board's
Heads!
Disrespectfully,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.