[pianotech] mailman closing--Susan to Jim Coleman, Jr.

Alan Eder reggaepass at aol.com
Mon Feb 25 17:52:53 MST 2013

Jim, unfortunately thisannouncement to the pianotech list was several days late.
One would think that an eviction notice would be delivered to the housebeing
demolished instead of having to reach the residents by word of mouthfrom elsewhere.

Dear President Coleman,

I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Susan on her comment excerpted above. At the school where I work, the administration has, in the past, often let vital information trickle out too late for their actions to be considered timely leadership in the best interest of the entire community by any stretch of the imagination. I have been quick to point this out to those in charge (fortunately, such constructive criticism is not only tolerated but actually encouraged here). Being a "day late and a dollar short" only allows rumor, conjecture and--usually--bad feelings to take the place of any possible meaningful dialogue and sense of caring inclusion. I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings here, but I strongly believe that there is no great leadership without the courage to step right up and take ownership of news that may not be well-received. And the worse the news, the more critical the timing.

Alan Eder, RPT