[pianotech] Illustrated Guide to Google Group signup

Jim Moy jimmoy at outlook.com
Mon Feb 25 19:37:10 MST 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Dean May <deanmay at pianorebuilders.com> wrote:

> It might be helpful to others if you would post the steps you had to take

Here is an illustrated guide to joining the pianotech Google Group, using a non-Gmail email account:

Bring up the email program you want to use, and compose an email to pianotech+subscribe at googlegroups.com, like this:

And
 then hit Send. Note there is no subject or body in the email. These are
 not required, though if you put something there, I believe they will be
 ignored. They go by the senders email address, which is automatically
included with the message, and that's all they need.

Then wait for a reply:

It
 might take a few minutes, or you might get it right away, depends how
busy they are. When I open the message, it looks like this:

They said they heard me, and I should do one of the two things. I chose to reply to the email, so I clicked the Reply button:

Then I hit Send.

No
 modifications to the default reply my email program had put together, I
 didn't clean up anything. I just hit Reply, then hit Send. I could've
clicked that button, "Join This Group" but that would be too easy.

Shortly afterwards, I received a
confirmation that I was now subscribed to the email list. One of the
things it'll say is you can now you can send emails to pianotech at googlegroups.com.

That is all!

Jim