[pianotech] closing the list?

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 20:09:09 MST 2013

Hi Everyone,Obviously whoever thought of the idea to close the list has no clue of the value it holds to so many.  I have and I'm sure all of you have gleaneed quite a bit of knowledge from this list.  The valuable knowledge I've gained here and continue to gain is critical.  Eventually I plan on meeting some of you guys from here hopefully if I can make the MARC which leads me to say that we are like a family here in a sense.  So my question then is, where do we go from here in order to meet via cyber space and discuss piano tech issues concerns etc?  The list closing reminds me of the day when I was in down town Philly at the train station heading home.  It was announced that one of the train lines was suspended due to police activity.  There were people just stranded trying to figure out what to do.  Fortunately I live in a suburb that is served by two train lines rather than just one like so many. I was able to get home.  In the case with the list, aside from attending our local PTG meetings of course, where are we supposed to go in order to continue building our friendships and knowledge on-line?  I think we need both.  Closing the list is well...stupid for lack of a better word.   It's like going to a tuning without a tuning lever.  It's like asking a customer, "do you want to pay for the tuning or just let it be a free tuning today?"  It's like leaving the house and forgetting to put on your pants.  It's like going to McDonalds and ordering prime rib.  You get the idea.  Why are they killing something vital to our existance?  I just don't understand this at all as I close my rant shrugging shoulders, closing internet and heading to bed.  Marshall

Marshall Gisondi
MARSHALL'S PIANO SERVICE
215-510-9400
http://www.phillytuner.com