[pianotech] real costs of running a listserv list

Jim Moy jim at moypiano.com
Wed Feb 27 17:53:22 MST 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:

> On 2/27/2013 4:43 PM, Jim Moy wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net
>> <mailto:rnossaman at cox.net>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 2/27/2013 3:10 PM, Paul McCloud wrote:
>>
>>           And if it's only $50/mo. plus volunteers, what in
>>         the world is the problem with having both HL and the old system
>>         running side by side?
>>

>>     As I've said, the only thing that connects for me is that it's a
>>     personal vendetta of some sort, or somehow threatens someone's self
>>     image. It's something petty and glandular.
>>

>> I've hesitated to bring it up, because I'm afraid people will take it
>> the wrong way, but people keep asking, so I'll add my 2¢. It makes
>> perfect sense to shut down the current pianotech and move it to HL. It's
>> what I might do were I running PTG info-tech, though I hope I would
>> perform better in the execution.
>>

> I agree on all counts, and pointed out two years ago that if they would
> just get the attachments working with email in HL, that the pianotech list
> would be unnecessary and superfluous. And just in case of collective short
> attention spans, I repeated it a lot. Nothing, except "We got Member Max,
> we got Member Max".

But Ron, it *does* work: you just send the email, and make sure you
reference this library thing, then go logon and click communities, find
your community, find its library, make a new library entry, go through the
wizard as it prompts you for all the appropriate upload meta-data, attach
your image file, and wait for it to upload. Done.

Jim