[pianotech] RE noisy Baldwin spinet

Tom Gorley tomgorley88 at sonic.net
Thu Feb 28 11:06:04 MST 2013

Terry, I have replaced a set a few times on Winter type spinets.  They sometimes are like plastic elbows, getting hard after aging. They sometimes even fall apart during removal.  I did the jobs right in the piano without removing the action.  At that time I used my fingers, which got pretty tired.  A nut driver should work better if the grommets come square shaped on the top.

Since you will be adjusting for lost motion, you might as well check into making this a regulating job and adjust for let/off and after-touch.