[pianotech] Birdcage piano for David Boyce

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Thu Feb 28 18:11:12 MST 2013

David

Thanks for the update. It did have square pins, but they were 1 ought. And even some of them were stripped.  (The edges had worn off) There are also some pins that are very loose, but in our climate, even loose pins will hold.

The customer likes the way the piano plays and sounds, and enjoys playing it.. But he is aware that it is not a very good piano. He did tell me that a couple of years ago a technician had done some repair work to it. Even when I got there the first time some of the damper timing had to be adjusted.

Thanks

Wim