Arcadi Volodos

Charles K. Ball ckball@mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 21 09:38 MDT 2001

Dear John,

I worked with Volodos at Bass Hall in Fort Worth in 1998.  We had a
fairly new NY Steinway D, which I had just reconditioned.  His only
request was for a bit more zing in the very top soprano, otherwise,
he was pretty uncommunicative.

Volodos is a very powerful player, with a big, rich sound and lots of
virtuosity.  He will want an instrument with some punch.  It should
be a fine recital--his reviews in the Gramophone have been quite
laudatory.

Charles

--
Charles Ball, RPT