old Bechstein

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Wed Mar 28 10:39 MST 2001

Thanks for all the imput. These whippens are in bad shape, so it's not an
easy call, but we like to do what we can for appreciative, serious
customers. I am inclined to decline the job entirely at the moment, as it
was also (rebuilt) not so long ago and left with plenty of other problems
as well. I was just wondering if anyone had tried to do a modification
like that, and if so, how it went.  Let me know if you want the job.
Ha....

Sometimes it's a hard call to know when enough is enough, and harder still
to break the news. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm just not that interested in
trying to patch up really old parts on which I can't guarantee
satisfaction.

Dennis Johnson