Soundboard shims via Spurlok method (update)

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Mon May 7 06:43 MDT 2001

Greg,
When making the cut you're describing, you might try clamping a scrap of 2x4
to the belly bar, co-planar with the soundboard.  This allows you to reverse
the router foot 180 degrees and cut to the edge of the soundboard with the
feet supported on the 2x4 that extends the soundboard surface.
That little router really eats wood, and I found the first cuts very
frightening.
Ed

College and University Technicians <caut@ptg.org>