Damper Lift Problem

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Mon Sep 17 09:28 MDT 2001

> Thanks for the reply but my whole point is that the lift has changed.
> Suddenly, it seem like. It's been fine until just recently.

In this case check the glue joints on the lyre posts.  Just shake the bottom of
the lyre left and right.  If it moves you have lost mechanical integrity of the
lyre.

You may have to disassemble the lyre and reglue it although I have had success
with using thin CA to entirely fill the gaps in the dowel holes.  Takes a little
time and care but far less than disassembling the lyre.

		Newton