Hello again

Don Mannino dmannino@kawaius.com
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:22:49 -0700

to get back on this list and see what's happening.  I also wanted to
write and let everyone know that Kawai's technical support staff has
changed a bit.
=20
I am in a new job at Kawai that is more aimed at training and education.
Instead of being in technical support, I am now in charge of all
technically oriented training activities for Kawai.  This includes PTG
activities, plus our in-house training program, and dealer training.
=20
Nick Gravagne is now in charge of technical support for Kawai America,
so he is the one to call if you need any service problems handled.  Nick
has been working for us since last October, and over the past couple of
weeks he has already been getting settled into his new job as tech
support manager.
=20
Kawai will be expanding all of our training activities over the next
year, including more frequent intensive seminars here at Kawai America.
The next one is planned for October, although this one is already
filled. =20
=20
Our training seminar (called the Shigeru Kawai Technical Academy) is an
intensive one week high-end grand piano regulation and voicing session,
in which each participant regulates, tunes and voices a 6' or larger
grand (hopefully Shigeru Kawai grands, but we will not always have
enough of these so will use Kawai RX-3s a lot) under the tutelage of one
of Kawai's Japanese concert technicians.
=20
Technicians would need to arrange their own transportation, but Kawai
takes care of the hotel and meals  during the week seminar.  If any of
you would like to be on the waiting list for our seminar, please write
to me.
=20
For my new job I will also be traveling more than in the past, mainly
visiting dealers and presenting local PTG meeting programs, when
possible.   As part of these dealer visits I will be starting a campaign
of teaching dealers and dealer technicians the importance of new piano
preparation, and direct training of store technicians on efficient prep
techniques.  If you have any requests along the lines of a PTG chapter
meeting, let me know.
=20
I look forward to seeing what's going on with CAUT these days!
=20
Don Mannino RPT, Director
Kawai Piano Technical Education
www.kawaius.com