Dampp-Chaser for Bechstein 9'

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 16:14:53 -0400

Have any of you installed a complete DC system in a Bechstein 9'?  It is
not among the pianos on Dampp-Chaser's schematics sheet.  The bracing
system under there is quite busy, and I was just going to be sure there was
room for two humidifier tanks.  The only model number on this piano I could
find was "E", but when I looked that model up on the Bechstein web site, it
was not a 9' piano.  I didn't measure this piano, but it looks in the 9'
range to me.

Another question:  Have any of you looked into an alternative supplier for
speaker cloth for the undercovers?  Seems to be a little pricey from
Dampp-Chaser for that little piece of cloth, velcro and thumbtacks.  It
usually takes me at least 45 minutes to install one of those (or more if
there's a truck), so by the time you've charged full retail and added a 45
minute installation fee, that undercover gets pricey, so I've quoted my
last two undercovers at cost plus installation.

Just wondering,
Thanks,
Jeff