ETDs

Alan McCoy amccoy@mail.ewu.edu
Mon, 03 Nov 2003 10:39:57 -0800

Hi,

My 2c worth. I tuned aurally for 15 yrs, Sat II for 3 yrs and RCT for 5yrs.
Haven't tried tunelab or verituner. I wouldn't go back to strictly aural
tuning not that aural tuning is not good, just too exhausting by the end of
the day. Nor would I go back to the SAT, not that it can't help produce a
great tuning. Just don't like the display or the difficulty (compared to
RCT) in customizing a tuning. I like Cybertuner which I have used on a
laptop and now on a Dell Axim pocket pc (which easily goes a full day of 4-5
tunings without recharge). It helps produce a good solid tuning. Because it
is run on a computer, I have a computer with me. I can do lots of things
with this computer in addition to tuning. I like that capability. RCT does a
great job, but without your ears, you won't produce a good tuning no matter
what device you choose. A pocket computer is very small and light and offers
a multitasking tool. For those reasons I would recommend checking out
tunelab or RCT, especially if the extra computer capabilities interest you.
I probably won't ever check out Verituner because it is a single purpose,
heavy machine, even though it may help create very good tunings.

Alan McCoy