Mac Frampton

Allan Gilreath agilreath@mindspring.com
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 18:06:36 -0500

Ray,

It will be important to know what electronic instrument Mr. Frampton
will use.  Some of them have a certain amount of stretch built in and
this could mean the difference between tuning clean single octaves and
making some attempt to tune to harmonics rather than partials...

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Ray T. Bentley
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 12:24 PM
To: CAUT
Subject: Mac Frampton

I have received a request from Mac Frampton to tune the Steinway D with
no stretch in the upper registers so it will be in tune with a
synthesizer.  Has anyone on this list tuned for him?  Can you tell me if
you had a similar request, and how you dealt with it.  I sent an e mail
to his agent just now, but thought someone on the list might have a
better answer than I may get from the agent.

I usually tune this piano with a lot of stretch (7 or 8 on RCT) for
concerts.  I'm thinking it will sound pretty dead with no stretch.  Can
anyone give me some direction here?  The concert is coming up this
Sunday, Nov. 9.

Thanks!

Ray

Ray T. Bentley, RPT