[Experts] Steinway New York vs Hamburg

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:54:33 -0800

I believe the Hamburg has many more hours in production than the=
 NY?  700 to 150?   If this is true I don't think it's because=
 the Germans are slow...;-]

David I.

From: Jim Busby <jim_busby@byu.edu>
To: College and University Technicians <caut@ptg.org>
Subject: RE: RE : [Experts] Steinway New York vs Hamburg

Hi Ric,

Eric Schandall did a little informal =93blind=94 testing and his take=
 on it was (of course) they tended to choose NY until they were=
 shown which was the NY and which was the Hamburg, then the=
 Hamburg seemed somehow =93better=94 and they frequently changed=
 their mind. He was curious and slightly amused at the fickle=
 nature of people. His conclusion was that the =93mental=94 part of=
 selection is not to be overrated, and that the Hamburg has some=
 =93exotic=94 appeal. Who knows?

The past article in the NY Times on this very topic is quite=
 good, but I can=92t remember what issue. Two months ago??

Jim Busby