[Experts] Steinway New York vs Hamburg

Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:58:41 +0100

> Jim Busby wrote:
>
> Hi Ric,
>

> Eric Schandall did a little informal “blind” testing and his take on
> it was (of course) they tended to choose NY until they were shown
> which was the NY and which was the Hamburg, then the Hamburg seemed
> somehow “better” and they frequently changed their mind. He was
> curious and slightly amused at the fickle nature of people. His
> conclusion was that the “mental” part of selection is not to be
> overrated, and that the Hamburg has some “exotic” appeal. Who knows?

Well....I'll be the first to allow generous portions of fickle factor in
most of human endeavour to be sure. Tho before we start drawing real
conclusions about which is better, I think we'd have to get beyond
informal tests and do some downright serious testing. Until then we have
to rely on our own personal perferences, subjective as they themselves
may be.  But I hears ya alright.

> The past article in the NY Times on this very topic is quite good, but
> I can’t remember what issue. Two months ago??

I didnt get a chance to read more then one page... didnt feel like
registering for their e-newspaper.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.