S&S D Soundboard removal

Scott Thile scott.thile@murraystate.edu
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:19:58 -0600

Thanks a bunch to all of you!!

Some excellent ideas. Should get a chance to dive into this next week. I'll
let you know how it goes.

Cutting it out won't work. Pretty sure that Bolduc will need the end of ribs
in tact where they fit into the case notches to get the thickness right. In
some ways it was a lot easier when I built them from scratch.

Yup, already drilled the dowels out, and tried a couple of good whacks after
a little heat. Going to take a whole lot more than that to be sure. Going
for steam after a good soaking with  the wallpaper remover or one of the
other wonderful concoctions etc... Might try a quick call to Christian
Bolduc first since he'll not only have the modern piano take on this. Thanks
for the #...

Stay tuned (oh sorry....)

Scott