hammer shank length

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.CA
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:38:14 -0600

Lance,

I'm wondering about plate/bridge location (hence speaking length) when you
mention string breakage?

I just can't believe this (the problem you describe) would happen in a new
Mason...say it ain't so!

For Pete's sake, they're only producing two models of grands (currently),
you'd think they'd have the jigs right, especially when you see the size of
plate-location pins they use!

In any case, the factory should be able to provide you with speaking length
at #88 for a quick reference.

I don't want to send you on a goose-chase Lance, but often find it useful to
look at a problem from more than one angle.

Best of luck!

Mark Cramer,
Brandon University
  -----Original Message-----
  From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
llafargue
  Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 11:50 AM
  To: 'College and University Technicians'
  Subject: RE: hammer shank length

  I agree, it’s just hard to see what’s going on back there and I think
ideally the hammers would be rehung, especially if it’s also contributing to
string breakage.  I’ll study it closer to see if I can tell exactly what’s
hitting back there.

  Lance Lafargue, RPT

  LAFARGUE PIANOS

  New Orleans Chapter, PTG