piano purchase and other...

Garret E. Traylor traylorg@equaltemperament.com
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 14:13:30 -0500

Fred and all,

Thank you so very much for sharing your insight regarding work on the
"purchasing guidelines".  Seems to me, your work is a very nice
breakthrough.  I see it going a long way to help us further promote the
upgrading of pianos at our schools.  If it is not too much trouble, would
you please forward to me a copy of your spreadsheet or make it available on
the CAUT site for download?

Thanks largely to the inspiration of CAUT, I recently presented a list of
documents to one of our local school systems.   For the purchasing agent, I
put together a presentation folder; and in addition, converted all the
documents to Adobe.pdf and placed them on a CD.  I also created a webpage
for Facility, Staff, and Administrators to reference <
www.highpointpiano.com/gcs >; included was information from CAUT, PTG,
Dampp-Chaser, American Music Conference, and the National Piano Foundation.

Also, I noticed that the "Guidelines for Effective Institutional Piano
Maintenance, revised edition 2003, Final Draft - PDF" currently does not
list any endorsements.  I have, and I know that many others have already
signed on;  but can other tech's still get listed?

For those of you who have not read the guidelines (and signed up to endorse
them) ... visit http://www.ptg.org/caut.php/guidlines_pg.htm to review the final
version.

Because CAUT has done so very much to enhance the quality of my piano in our
community,  I strongly encourage (the rest of) you to sign on and commit
yourself to utilize this valuable resource.

Kindest Regards,

Garret Traylor
garret@highpointpiano.com
http://www.highpointpiano.com/pages/caut.html