stolen tools - security

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:58:49 -0400

Fred, Jim B -
For the sake of statistical credibility, I overrule my usual, instinctive
(or instilled) sense of constraint in such matters to add that the
Manhattan School of Music, where I worked for 13 years, had a situation
similar to the one Fred describes, though the piano shop got off relatively
easy.  The weakness of any security system is the component that's trusted,
or entrusted, though, who would choose to abide an environment where
everyone is suspect?

David Skolnik