Yamaha C3 regulation

vince mrykalo madvinmryk@yahoo.com
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:08:46 -0700 (PDT)

Lance, do the knuckle cores line up with the rear of the jacks in a straight line? Also can you get the drop and let off to happen simultaneously?

llafargue <llafargue@charter.net> wrote:
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
List,

 I have a customer with a Yamaha C3 that’s 4 years old.  It is like new, very slight knuckle/hammer wear, but really good shape.  I have regulated it and everything seems great except that the let-off bump feel seems excessive and I can’t figure out why, on this C3.  I have lubed everything, knuckles with Teflon, McLube to all key pins, whippen/jack tops, etc, but when the jack lets off, you really feel it.  Also, when playing pianissimo, at the point of let-off, there is a definite wall that you hit and it actually prevents some notes from releasing.  I am wondering what aspects of regulation affect this.  Or is there something else I am missing?  Let-off is about 1/8” to 1/16” graduated, drop a little more than that, checking is close; rep springs are not too strong.  Knuckle and jack top shape seem normal.  Thanks.

Lance Lafargue, RPT

LAFARGUE PIANOS

New Orleans Chapter, PTG

985.72P.IANO