Steamer

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:50:40 -0400

Dear List-

Yesterday I purchased Singer Lazer Steamer for $49 at home Depot.
I'm delighted with it.
It looks like a big teapot with a downward pointing nozzle.  It squirts a
jet of steam when you press a trigger button.
So far I've tried it for softening dampers,  reviving hammers, reviving
keybushings and back key rail cloth, all with good results.
I tested for removing key bushings and found it worked well on hide glue,
but needed a little glue softener added to the bushing for white glue.
The great delight was cleaning a plate and soundboard.  It was the best
I've ever done at getting the dirt out between strings at the hitchpins.
I've used many home made steam shooters.  None come near the ease and
dependability of this gadjet.

Ed Sutton