FW: Re: Steamer

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:31:30 -0400

Dale-

Yes, this is a two day refurbishing (including hammer shaping and action clean, lube and regulation, and a bit of case repair) on a little grand which isn't really worth rebuilding.  They sent it to my shop while they move to a new house.

With a portable air compressor or small wet/dry vac it could be done in home.

I would especially suggest the steamer for key bushing, hammer and damper revitalization in practice room and classroom pianos.  Unlike modified hot pots and percolators, it is self-contained, neat and safe; easy to use on location.

Ed S.