Gratuities

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 17:44:30 EST

jtanner@mozart.sc.edu writes:
atodd@UH.EDU writes:
> However, that being said, I still feel justified in one
> thing I told her, which is unfortunately way too common here.
> Way too many performers schedule recitals, etc. using a
> harpsichord without even checking first to see if it's
> available on the date needed. Plus they also rarely consider
> the logistics of getting everything done. I guess some just
> think that things like this just magically appear. :-)
Also on that note, yesterday at the voice recital, the flute professor just
happened to be sitting behind me, and she asked if a student had requested the
moving and tuning of the harpsichord for a recital the following Sunday. When
I said no, I asked her if I should just pretend I don't know, and then when
the student asks me at the last minute to tell her I don't have time. She said,
no. The problem is not so much the student, but the accompanist who is taking
h'chord lessons. The flute prof said the accompanist is kind of flaky, and not
to take it out on the flute player.

But it's just another one of those instances that Jeff talked about. Pianos
and h'chords just magically get tuned and moved, and no one asks questions.

Don't you just love this job? :):)

Wim