Public Domain

Tim Coates tcoates1@sio.midco.net
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 12:15:34 -0600

Ed & Wim,

I am pleased that you find this forum useful.  I was one of the=20
original members of the first listserve (I believe it was private=20
because Tom McNeil was the human listserve).  I have been a part of the=20=

CAUT aspect of it since.  The name has changed, but it is still the=20
CAUT list.  There are very few posts I haven't seen.  There used to be=20=

amazing information on this list.

The problem is when members of this list think this is a private list=20
and it is not.   Things get said that wouldn't have been said if they=20
would have known anyone can do a google and find their comments.   If=20
it continues to be open then maybe a disclaimer needs to be made=20
periodically that basically states:  all comments are public.   Being=20
open leads to various forms of problems I think.  I've mentioned them=20
in previous posts so I won't go into them.

I don't think anything will change.   If you disagree I respect that. =20=

I will continue to follow the posts and glean any useful information.

I will get off my soapbox now.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota=09
University of Sioux Falls

On Mar 14, 2004, at 9:07 AM, Wimblees@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/14/2004 7:39:13 AM Central Standard Time,=20
> ed440@mindspring.com writes:
> I don't see this happening on CAUT.
> For the most part I feel the posts are serious questions and answers,=20=

> and
> professional exchanges of information, experience and opinion.=A0 =
There=20
> is a small
> amount of joking, not offensive, IMHO.=A0 I don't recall that there =
was=20
> ever a flame
> war on this line.
> Overall I find it the best source of quality information about piano=20=

> technology
> available, a place where I can exchange thoughts with some of the=20
> finest
> technicians in the world, and I'm very grateful that it exists. It has=20=

> helped me
> be a better technician.
>
> Ed Sutton
> I second this opinion.