Public Domain

Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:22:03 +0100

Dont misunderstand me Tim. I understand exactly what you are talking
about, and have suffered from that exact kind of treatment on many an
occasion. And I am not alone.

But the job of a moderator is not as easy as it may seem at first
glance, and more then likely you will end up with a worse problem then
what we already have.

I think by and large we do a good job of letting folks know when they
are over the line,  regardless of who they are.  Such people will always
exist Tim.  Some will adjust their ways to a more adult manner as a
result of the reactions they get, some will not.  People reading our
list will see who is who just as well as we do, and believe me.... our
list reaches many and does quite a bit of good really.  Its just that
that <<good>> isnt about convincing readers that this or that way of
doing things is the only and best way... it stimulates people to think
on their own, to ask questions of themselves, and to strive to achieve
higher standards as the progress through their lives.  I dont really
think we should or indeed can ask more of these list servers myself..
But thats just my position, and it is what has guided me in my nearly 6
years on CAUT and Pianotech. I've made a lot of friends on the way,
learned a lot, and had a great time of it. A lot of doors have opened
for me because of my participation here, and in no small part because we
DO tolerate each others moods and ways.  Lets just (continue) to make
the best of each other... the way we are.

Cheers

RicB