Public Domain

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 06:24:15 -0600

At 07:14 3/15/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 3/14/04 1:16:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>tcoates1@sio.midco.net writes:
>I was one of the
>original members of the first listserve (I believe it was private
>because Tom McNeil was the human listserve).
>
>Hi, Tim, and colleagues -
>
>Yes, those were the days!  I think it was late 1987 and our CAUT list soon
>outgrew the capacity of the relatively primitive e-mail software on our
>mainframe computer (!) at State University of New York, Fredonia.

Tom,

Yup, that would be right.  I remember that first CAUT meeting at
(sweltering) Toronto in '87. The list came into being about that time.
Sometime later that year, I joined the then 50 some members when I finally
got an email address here at the college.

It was fun pulling up a "review" of the list and seeing who had joined that
week,  and whose names I recognised.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

- Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is
what you get from not reading it.