(no subject)

Cautedt@aol.com Cautedt@aol.com
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:34:00 EST

In a message dated 3/17/2004 8:49:19 AM Central Standard Time,
Wimblees@aol.com writes:

> I only added the CTE because I mentioned it in the post. No, it is not my
> regular signature, and I do not advertise that I am CTE.
>
> On this subject, however, when I first got to the university, I asked this
> list if it was appropriate to include that I am a CTE in my bio for the music
> school's web page.I was assured by my esteemed colleagues that it is OK.

Wim:

I guess I would respectfully disagree. Below is the Bylaws section on CTE
ethics:

PTG Examiners should always bear in mind that there is no membership
classification within PTG
above that of Registered Piano Technician. Certification and/or experience as
a PTG Examiner
bestows no privileges beyond that of being authorized to administer exams and
must not be
represented to the public as a rank, classification, or elite status.

Paul