(no subject)

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:38:36 -0600

I find myself in disagreement with Wim over his use of the acronym CTE
on a web site, since this use clearly implies a credential. Implying a
credential was just the sort of use we intended to strongly discourage.

However, achieving certification as a PTG tuning examiner is an
accomplishment worthy of note on a resume, even if only to document
one's service commitment to the community of piano techs. I see neither
how a simple statement of such fact worded similarly to the previous
sentence could possibly be prohibited, nor any prohibition ever be
enforced.

I claim no standing to be able to change the meaning of the bylaw; I am
only relating the original intent as I remember it. Please note I would
defer to the current ETSC in this matter.

Kent